Try Stampin On Tuesday # 11

Hi

I hope you are having a lovely Easter break.  The weather in Auckland yesterday wasn't that great but it was good for crafting so I made my card for this weeks challenge at Try Stampin in Tuesday.  We were given a basic layout but I knew immediately what I would do.

During the week I had visited Dawn's blog and seen her card using the technique of Emboss Resist.  (Check out her entry on preparing solid image stamps).  Ages ago I bought the stamp set Inspired by Nature but hadn't used the flower stamp.  Well now I have & I am really pleased with how this turned out.


Here is the sketch we were given.


I also had time to tidy my craft desk - it's amazing what you find hidden under everything!  I found my little easel which makes it easier for taking pictures.

To make this card I started with Whisper White cardstock and inked the stamp with Versamark and then applied white embossing powder.  I then sponged Daffodil Delight ink to the background in a circular motion.  It doesn't have to been applied evenly - that is part of the effect.  If there is any ink on the embossed area just wipe it off with a tissue.  For my colour combination I used the trusty colour coach - where would we be without this!  I left it for a bit to dry and then cut it up as per the sketch making sure I didn't cut the flower.  At this stage the inside of the card is blank as I'm not sure what I will use it for.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Whisper White, Cherry Cobler, Early Espresso
Ink - Daffodil Delight
Other - White Embossing Powder

TFL
Paula

Labels: ,