Try Stampin on Tuesday #22

Hi there

Well winter has certainly arrived in Auckland.  It's been really cold the last couple of days and in true Auckland style we had all seasons in one day - thunder, sun, wind, rain, hail.  The only thing missing was snow (which we don't get here thank goodness).

While driving home on Wednesday night I was thinking what stamp to use for this weeks challenge.  I knew it needed to fit inside a circle so that narrowed it down a bit.  I then thought of the hedgehog from Fun & Fast Notes.  This poor old stamp had not seen ink even though I've had this set for awhile!  So out he came and I think he'd be pleased with how I used him - I was :).  This was our sketch:

and this is my card:
I'm still trying to use up my stocks of retired DSP.  This DSP is from Tea Party and the colour is Almost Amethyst.  I used  my old colour coach to come up with the combination - Rose Red, Always Artichoke & So Saffron.  I embossed the image and stamped it onto watercolour paper so that I could use ink pads and blender pens to give depth to the hedgehog - you can almost feel his prickles!  I've only used Early Espresso for the hedgehog's body - just not as much on the pen for the centre of the body. 

Supplies:
Stamp - Fun & Fast Notes
Card Stock - Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper
DSP - Tea Party
Ink - Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Rose Red
Ribbon - So Saffron 5/8" Grossgrain
Punches - 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, Modern Label, Word Window
Other - Circle Scissor (2" circle), Black Embossing Powder

Don't forget to check out my earlier post here for details on how to win a FREE pass to the next round of Stampin Fun and Friends.

Have a good weekend and if you're in NZ keep warm & dry!

Paula

Labels: