Four Challenges in Two Cards

Hi there

Be prepared - this may be a long post.
As there was nothing of interest on TV last night I sat down and made two cards.  I checked out the various challenge sights and found that over at Stamping 411 they had two challenges.  The next dilemma was the colour combination - in step JAI and Color Throw Down.  They worked perfectly with the sketches.  So here's my first combination:

and my card:

I've used another of the retiring stamp sets - Choo Choo and the coordinating roller - Right on Track.  I love how the smoke from the engine gets lighter as it goes higher.  I was really pleased with how these two challenges came together.

Supplies:
Stamps - Choo Choo, Right on Track, Loads of Love Accessories, Good Neighbour, Happy Moments
Card Stock - Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Ink - Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
Markers - Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue
Other - Bashful Blue Ribbon, Small Oval, Dimensionals

And here's the second combination:

and my card:
As soon as I saw this layout I knew straight away which stamp set to use - again another retiring set Tart & Tangy.  I have also used some retired DSP - Summer Picnic.  The colour combination worked perfectly with this stamp set.  I used my markers to colour in the images as it is way easier when you want multipe colours on the one image.  I swapped Kiwi Kiss with Old Olive.  Again another card I am pleased with.

Supplies:
Stamps - Tart & Tangy, Punch Bunch
Card Stock - Early Espresso, Whisper White
Markers - Early Espresso, Rose Red, Barely Banana, Old Olive
Other - Summer Picnic DSP, Dimensionals

I hope you enjoyed this post.  Don't forget to check my earlier post here to enter for a FREE pass to the next event at Stampin Fun and Friends.

Have a good week.
Paula




Labels: