JAI #102 - Just case Kathy Tanner

Hi there

This week at Just Add Ink the challenge was to Just Add Kathy Tanner.  I had never seen Kathy's blog so my first task was to check it out - Kathy's blog is now on my list :).  After checking through her posts for 2011, I had a list of favourites then I had to narrow it down and settled on two.

The first is for my nephews 21st next month:

I instantly fell in love with the bright colours Kathy had used.  I'm sure this card will be made again.  It's a great way to use up the offcuts we all seem to accrue.  I've used a retired stamp set Starring You with white embossing powder.

Supplies:
Stamp - Starring You (retired)
Card Stock - Rich Razzleberry, Real Red, Concord Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Other - White Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Die

My second card is a sympathy card - had to make 3 this past weekend :(  I find it hard to get the right layout that reflects the tone of the card but I think this layout has worked well.  Check to see Kathy's original.

Supplies:
Stamp - Pocket Silhouettes, Thoughts & Prayers
Card Stock - Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink - Elegant Eggplant
Other - Perfect Plum Taffeta Ribbon, Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder

Thanks Kathy for giving us so many ideas.

Paula

Labels: ,