Team Swaps

Hi there

Yesterday we had team training at Jacque's and also did swaps.  Swaps are a great way to get ideas - this time we had to use product from the new Autumn-Winter mini.  For my swap I made a Post It note holder:

the inside

I ended up using 7 things from the new mini - Simply Scored, Twitterpated DSP, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die & Embossing Folder,Mixed Bunch stamp set, Blossom Punch and Cherry Embossing Powder.

The base is 4" x 7" scored at 3 1/4" and 3 3/4".  I started off with a 3 1/2" x 2 7/8" piece of DSP then cut it using the Edgelits die - the smaller piece for the front and the bigger piece for the inside.  I then adhered each piece of DSP to a 3" x 3 5/8" piece of card stock.  Using the matching embossing folder place it just above (front) or below (inside) the edge of the DSP (Note to self - make sure the raised part of the folder is on the bottom) then run it through the Big Shot.  Attach the ribbon to the base BEFORE adding the inside pieces :)

I stamped the image in Riding Hood Red then using my VersaMark pen coloured in the centre of the flower before adding scented embossing powder.  The scent lasts for ages.  I stamped an image at the beginning of March and it still smells.  To give my flower more depth I adhered it with a dimensional.

We also made altered rubbish bins using baby forumla tins.  You could use all sorts of tins to recreate this project.  Here is my finished bin:

Thanks to Barbara Bicknell for giving these tins to Jacque.

Well have a great week.
Paula



Labels: