A busy stamping weekend

Hi there

I've had a yuck week this week (hence no blog posts) - my sore throat & head cold got worse so I went back to the doctor on Friday afternoon.  She gave me some more antibiotics (Sudomyl) and they have sent everything packing :)  So now I am feeling like myself again.  I was getting a bit worried as we fly out to the States on the 11th of September and I didn't want to be taking the head cold with me.

I've had a busy weekend - launch of two new catalogues, turning one as a demonstrator, a workshop and then a launch party.  I have thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Here are the cards we made.

First up is the card we made at the workshop which uses the emboss resist technique.  I think I have fallen in love with the new In Colours satin ribbon - it's so soft and great for tying bows (see last card).

This card uses a number of new products from the main catalogue - two of the new In Colours - Midnight Muse and Gumball Green (ink, ribbon and card stock) plus a new framelit - Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The framelit has cut out the Whisper White card then we traced around the outside of the Framelit and manually cut it to create the mat.  The ladies did really well with their re-creations of this.

Then today at my launch party we made two cards - the first one uses the In Colours and showcases the card stock and ink plus the Gumball Green ribbon.  In the past I haven't used black card stock as a base but am loving the effect it gives.

The last card we made uses the Be of Good Cheer DSP and the Gumball Green Ribbon.

I took this photo before the party but at the party we then embossed both layers of the Top Note with the Square Lattice Folder.  I wanted to show the ladies the difference that embossing gives to a project (I will try and take a photo in the daytime).

Well that was my weekend - a great time was had by all.
Catch you back soon.

Labels: , , ,