Inlaid Embossing - Shoebox Swap for Team Training

Hi there

Where did the last 10 days go?  I can't believe we're now in November which means that Christmas is just round the corner.  At least I have made a start on my Christmas cards.

Last month at team training we did a 'Shoebox' swap.  This was the first time I'd done one of these.  The idea is you bring all the bits for your card and then everyone makes it.  I decided to use the Inlaid Embossing technique for my card and this is what we all made.


It was an easy card to prep - add a variety of circle punches (I used 1/2" up to 1 3/4"), a variety of embossing folders and scraps from the Brights Collection.  Never throw away your off cuts they make great cards.  This style of card can be used for all sorts of occasions - just change the colour of your card stock, punches and sentiment and away you go.

I adhere my circles with a Glue Stick - that way you can position them a bit before they really stick to the card base.  Once everything is stuck down place your card front in your chosen embossing folder and run through the Big Shot or Texture Boutique Machine.  Finally adhere to a card base and add a sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamp Set - Label Something
Card Stock - Real Red, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink - Real Red
Other - Arrows Embossing Folder, Artisan Label Punch


Labels: , ,