CASEing the catalogue - Christmas cards

Hi there

Last week I held a class for a group of ladies wanting to make a start on their Christmas cards.  Where better to look for inspiration than the catalogue.  I'm really glad that the annual catalogue has a Christmas section again with sets that have carried over from the last Holiday catalogue.


I decided to use Wondrous Wreath and Festival of Trees sets for my cards.  Here's the card designs from the catalogue that I used for my inspiration:


I didn't have all the supplies they had used so with a few tweaks here is what I came up with:


I changed the Corrugated Paper to Silver Vellum and the Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine to the Metallic Silver Baker's Twine.  I also added the Cherry Cobbler mat to a card base to allow the Baker's Twine to not be seen from the inside of the card.

The measurements for my card were:
Whisper White card base (A5 size)
Cherry Cobbler card stock - 14.3cm x 10cm
Whisper White square - 3 1/4" x 3 1/2" (inches worked better than centimetres)
Vellum cut using the largest Banner Die
Whisper White senitment banner - 6" x 1 1/4" (score 1 3/8" and 1 5/8" from each end then using the  Triple Banner Punch, punch each end)

Inks used were Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz.  The sentiment is done with Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.

For the second card I changed the DSP to an embossed background using the Lucky Stars Embossing folder and the Festival of Trees set instead of Lots of Joy.  My sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  The great thing with CASEing is that it gives you an idea and you just use the supplies you have or you can CASE it 100%.


Supplies:
Stamp Set - Festival of Trees, Petite Pairs
Card Stock - Whisper White, Pacific Point, Old Olive (13cm x 2.5cm)
Ink - Old Olive, Pacific Point
Other - Lucky Stars Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Accents - Star Punch, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Extra-Large Oval, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Foil, Glimmer Paper, Dimensionals, Rhinestones

Well I hope you have a go at CASEing the catalogue - it's a great resource.

Labels: