Baby Bear and Love and Affection Notecards

Hi there

June has been a busy month with the release of the new 2016-2017 Catalogue.  On Saturday I had a workshop for 11 ladies and used two new sets for the Make n Take - Love and Affection and the cute Baby Bear set.

The Notecards and Envelopes were the perfect go to for these projects - the prep has all been done for you :).  I love using the notecards - they come in a pack of twenty and are a handy size.

The Baby Bear set is actually a three step stamp rather than our usual two step.  You get so much more definition with three layers.  I've worked out it's best to stamp the images in the reverse order - 3 - with the darkest ink (Soft Suede), 2 - with the mid tone ink (Crumb Cake) and 1 - with the lightest ink (Sahara Sand).  This way it's easier to line the stamps up and you don't need to use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  Here's my finished card:

Isn't he cute?  The bow is a two step and again I stamp it in reverse 2 - Marina Mist at full strength then 1 - Marina Mist stamped off.  There are so many different colour combinations you can use for your bear.  Watch this space for some different coloured bears.

The second card uses the Love and Affection stamp set which I teamed up with the new In Colours and Copper Embossing powder - love it.  I've also used one of the new Floral Affection Embossing folders for some texture on the card.  We have a new Big Shot Platform - and boy does it make a difference with your dry embossing.  The image comes out so much more defined and clearer - I love it.

 And here's a side view which really shows off the copper embossing powder.
 Here's another card I made using Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo

The ladies really enjoyed the afternoon and were asking when the next one was - I'd better get my creative thinking cap on :)

Labels: ,